Friday, December 19, 2008

Treasure Hunting in Kuching

It has been raining day and night recently in Kuching for the past few days, yet there is alot of people going out around Kuching with umbrella wishing to look for RM1.5K worth of jewellery hidden daily somewhere around the "Cat City" with a riddle in hand. :P
Got see any treasure or not?

For those of you who still do not know what's going on...let me explain to you.. Minex Jewellery which is located at Tun Jugah, Kuching is currently organizing a "Finder's Keepers" treasure hunting event daily from 15th of December until 24th of December 2008. The treasure can be hidden anywhere around town and if you follow the riddle/clue given every morning by 8.45am at a temporary Minex website http://www.minexjewellery.tk/ .




This is what the hunters are looking for....


This activity actually caught my interest when I get to know about it. The best thing is I am on my off days and since I have nothing much to do at home, mind as well I try my luck on street with an umbrella of cause since raining season nowadays in Kuching. So, the next time when you drive around in town and get to see people searching high and low, in and out of the bushes, rubbish bin or trees especially in rainy day, just remember this, they are not "Crazy People", there are just "Treasure hunter" :)

So, this is how the riddle/clue sounds like:-

Day 1 riddle = At this place where friends meet,a giant litters over the crytostachys renda.

Where it was found = Under a Rubbish Bin @ Friendship Park

Day 2 riddle = Take the train to where the hungry gather,where 8 marks the spot


Where it was found = 5 Loaves @ Jalan Kereta Api

Day 3 riddle = Remember the day we became one,You'll find me lost in a round of cheers.

Where it was found = Padang Merdeka Opposite St Thomas Church under the Big Tree

Day 4 riddle = Out in the open, yet hidden in a bunch.The path of winding water you shall follow,Until a 101114221716 crosses your path.

Where it was found = One of the bushes along Hilton opposite Water Front


Day 5 riddle = Before you leave in search of treasure, Let me first arrive at this place.There you'll find me staring into space.

Where it was found = Yet to be found (Interested to join the fun? You still have chance..)

Personally, I only started the hunt on Day 4. For Day 4, I was so close yet so far.. I did my search alot of places including the bushes along Hilton hotel but I did not see anything. At the same time, I saw a few people there searching along the bushes as well after my arrival around 2pm. I was so certain that I got the right place, but where is it hidden?!?! Finally, I gave up cos the rain gets heavier and I thought I might be wrong..

Later that night, I went to Minex to take my resized ring and I was told by Fong that she heard from some blogger said that a sweeper aunty got it while sweeping along that Hilton walkway along the bushes area.. What the ?!?!?! I spend so much time search high and low and she just sweep her diamond jewellery out for herself.. :) But then, it was her luck la.. So, that ends up Day 4. But I was told that the aunty haven't redeem her jewellery from Minex la.

Will update my Day 5 & 6 hunting soon... stay tune..




No comments:

Post a Comment